Your privacy is important to us. This policy reflects our processes and philosophy of our business. As a business we are bound by the Federal Privacy Act and the National Privacy Principles. We are committed to protecting your privacy whether you are a customer of our business or not.
SchoolPix respects the privacy of our customers and is dedicated to ensuring their personal details and images are kept private and secure.
Collection and use of information
SchoolPix and our associated partners will only use personal or business information you have supplied so we can fulfil our regulatory obligations, keep you informed on relevant products and services, maintain our business processes as it relates to you, perform financial transactions and provide better customer service. We use this information in ways that it is necessary for us to conduct business with you and includes website maintenance, customer support, customer surveys, product management and promotion.
Disclosure of information
Individual images will only be supplied to the parents or guardians of the student unless written consent has been provided by the school. Group images will only be supplied to the parents or guardians of students appearing in the photo (or would, but for absence, have appeared in the group photo) unless written consent has been provided by the school. SchoolPix will not disclose any information or images to a third party unless required for an approved purpose requested by the school.
We may use or disclose personal information or images without consent where:
- it is for a reasonable expected purpose related to the purposes for collecting the information or image in accordance with this policy
- we reasonably believe that it is necessary to assist an enforcement body to perform its functions
- we suspect that an unlawful activity has been, is being, or may be engaged in and the personal information or image is a necessary part of our investigation or reporting of the matter
- we reasonably believe it is necessary to prevent a threat to life, health or safety
- we are authorised or required by law to do so (e.g. where the information or image is required by bodies regulating us or in response to subpoenas or warrants)
- we have contracted an external organisation to provide support services and that organisation has agreed to conform to our privacy standards
Storage of Information
All information and images are stored securely and any electronic material is protected by firewall security. All information and images that are no longer required are disposed of in a secure manner to protect the privacy of our customers.
We ensure that all credit card details are kept private and only available to approved persons for the purpose of processing the transaction. Where photos are ordered online credit card details are processed securely by the bank and are not provided to SchoolPix in any format.
SchoolPix web pages may contain links to other sites. SchoolPix assumes no responsibility for the content or the privacy policies and practices of such websites. SchoolPix encourages you to read the privacy statements of these linked sites; their privacy practices may differ from ours.